On Thursday evening, June 20th, Club 31 Rotarian’s and their spouses gathered over appetizers and cocktails in celebration of our 2018-2019 year with President Pam Adams and to ring in the new year with President Jim Johnston (2019-2020)! We honored our Rotarians of the Year and enjoyed musical entertainment provided by the highly talented and accomplished Ian Campbell, our Communications Team VP. Congratulations and Thank YOU Denver Rotarian’s for your many accomplishments and hard work this past Rotary year!
MELLY KINNARD ~ ROTARIAN OF THE YEAR 2018-2019
(L to R: Last Year’s ROY Don Lewis, Melly Kinnard & President Pam Adams)
Melly Kinnard is this year’s recipient of the Club 31’s Rotarian of the Year Award for 2018-19. Here is just a sampling of Melly’s strong and impressive engagement in Denver Rotary. Her participation covers all aspects of Rotary’s five avenues of service…
- Has been a High School Mentor for seven years;
- Major supporter of every Club fundraiser;
- Works in the kitchen at our annual Peach Sale breakfast;
- Is a Major Donor of both Foundations;
- Visits Rotary Club’s whenever traveling, both in the US and abroad;
- Brings in popular speakers as a member of the Programs Committee;
- Key participant with the Club and District Rotarians for Mental Health committee, and was instrumental in bringing in a high caliber speaker for the annual State of the State Luncheon;
- Has sponsored six new members Active with the Evening Membership group;
- Heavily involved in membership engagement and is the Chair of member retention, prospect outreach, and hosting new member dinners;
- Received the 2018 District Governor’s Discretionary Award for support of the Disaster Relief effort for Hurricane Harvey;
- Co-Sponsored our two New Rotarians of the Year!!
AND, Melly has accomplished all of this since joining our Club only seven years ago! There is nothing she can’t or hasn’t done!
According to several of her nominators,
“As a Rotarian for more than 22 years and in three previous Clubs, seldom have I come across a Rotarian who is more passionate about our organization than this person. A self-directed ambassador for Denver Club 31, she was diligent in getting to know me and my profession so she could connect me with other Club members of similar professions/backgrounds.”
“Passionate about growing our membership, she makes it a point to collect business cards from nearly every visitor to our Club and follow up with them to ensure they stay engaged enough to join the Club.”
“She is most certainly Rotarians for Mental Health’s favorite Rotarian!”
“She is incredibly generous with her time and dollars. She embodies Rotary in everything she does. She jumped right up and was one of the first to give to the Hurricane Relief Fund.”
“She is also extremely active in the community as Chair of Denver Health Newborns in Need 2013-present; Second Chance Center Board; Nathan Yip Foundation Gala Chair 2018-19…just to name a few. She was also just awarded Junior League of Denver’s Sustainer Star Award for her years of dedicated service and financial support since 1972.”
“This Rotarian is passionate about people. It reflects in everyone and everything she touches. I have heard so many members say, “we need more of her in our Club”! Think of all we could accomplish and what a joy it would be!”
“Rotary’s mission is to do good in the world…a group of ordinary people doing extraordinary things. She exemplifies what it truly means to be a Rotarian…but she is no ordinary woman!”
Need we say more? Melly enjoys being a Rotarian…engaging and selflessly giving with both her time and money, in both Rotary and numerous other non-profit organizations! In fact, she will introduce herself as a “full time volunteer”, and the community couldn’t be luckier to have her. Nor could our Club.
You make us proud and we too are blessed to have you as a member of Denver Rotary!
BRIAN SWEET & JEFF KLEINSCHMIDT ~ NEW ROTARIANS OF THE YEAR 2018-2019
(L to R: President Pam Adams, Sarah Kleinschmidt, Jeff Kleinschmidt,
Brian Sweet & Last Year’s NROY Colleen Cozad)
This year was a little different than most…we had so many strong and worthy candidates, that we have a tie! Additionally, many of our nominators expressed the desire to award both of these “new outstanding members” with a joint award. Our New Rotarians of the Year for 2018-19 are Brian Sweet and Jeff Kleinschmidt! As business co-founders and friends, Brian and Jeff joined the Club together eight months ago and have already jumped in feet first, with no hesitation.
According to several of their nominators,
“I am Jeff Kleinschmidt’s sponsor, so I have watched him jump in and join the programs committee. He is working hard to expand ideas and bring in good speakers. Jeff also works on Project Cure. He wants his sons to be community minded, so he brings them to every work opportunity like the Cherry Creek clean ups.”
“Brian has jumped in with Membership and worked very hard to be involved. He has jumped at all opportunities to help in any way and has been great. He is very kind, and I always see him sitting with different people and getting to know his fellow Rotarians.”
“Brian and Jeff didn’t waste any time getting involved! They were introduced to Rotary by a friend who is a mentor and adviser, and a member of the Rotary Club of Kansas City. They represent the future of Denver Rotary….and are really nice guys!”
In just the past year, Jeff…
- Became a sustaining contributor of both our Foundations;
- Became actively involved in our Programs Committee;
- Has directly contributed his time to volunteer with his sons, at our Cherry Creek Trail Clean Ups and Project CURE Sort Nights;
- Between our lunches, volunteer projects and committee meetings, have 100% attendance;
- And will be our Service Team Co-Vice President in 2019-2020!
In just the past year, Brian…
- Became a Denver Rotary Club Foundation New Member Fellow;
- Became actively involved in our Membership Team and prospective member outreach;
- Between our lunches and many committee meetings, have 100% attendance;
- And have made your commitment to be our incoming Board Secretary in 2019-2020!
After joining Rotary in October of 2018, both have already shown a major commitment to their Club and to Rotary’s mission. We are so fortunate to have two of the warmest, hardworking and dedicated new Rotarians as members of Club 31!
Congratulations Brian and Jeff!
Thank you for making Club 31 your new Rotary home! We look forward to serving alongside
you for many years to come!