“This was the smoothest pick-up process I’ve ever experienced!”
“This peach sale was so organized this year!”
“How many volunteers do you have? There are so many Rotarians here this year!”
When you receive notes like these repeatedly from your fellow Rotarians you know SOMETHING must have gone right! And indeed, it did. So MANY things went right for the peach sale that it will be difficult to describe it all but here goes…
Sales this year were the highest they’ve been since the Peach Sale began. Through everyone’s immense efforts we sold 1,540 total boxes with a record setting Gross Sales figure of $74,566 making the total Net Proceeds $12,054, split 50/50 between your (Local) Denver Rotary Club Foundation and The Rotary (International) Foundation!
There was so much creativity and experimentation this year and you can see it paid off. Partnering with the Junior League of Denver not only fostered an even stronger relationship with this organization, but they are credited with driving over $2,000 in gross sales through their efforts. Brad Be Jammin’s Jam’s brought in an additional $4,963. And then of course the phenomenal sales from our members, friends, email acquaintances, the list goes on! You all took the call to act and sell this year and each box you bought or sold pushed us to this incredible accomplishment!
It’s also extremely important to note those Rotarians who exceeded the call of duty and made it to the Top 10 Best Sellers of the year, lead of course by our crowned Peach King, Chuck Everill who sold a total of 104 boxes bringing in a gross revenue of $4,210! But Chuck, don’t rest on your laurels. These 9 colleagues will be nipping at your heels this next year and a special shout out must go to Shannon Stone and Rotarian Earl Wright for hosting the Peaches and Prosecco event at AMG, bringing in nearly $2,400 in gross sales. Shannon was a new member for a short three-months prior to offering this exciting opportunity to the Club! The Peach Sale Rookie of the Year Award absolutely belongs to you Shannon!
Tied for 6th place
Lastly, this successful event as we all know doesn’t just happen. It takes a tremendous amount of work, planning, testing, arguing, agreeing, arguing again 😊 and agreeing even more. Your peach committee team and the tremendously supportive, patient and selflessly giving band of volunteers knocked it out of the park this year and when you see them, they deserve your handshake and probably a cocktail! Here’s just a sample of what each brought to the Committee this year.
- Bryan Guice: Coordinated all communication and delivery of the peaches from the orchard to your car, and he drove the forklift to prove it!
- Harriet Downer: Completely owned the entire peach jam experience, not to mention her tremendous efforts training and running our volunteer crew!
- Jill Santuccio: Lead communication, wrangled our corporate accounts, through sheer guts and perseverance managed the entire delivery service! What didn’t you do, Jill?
- Debbie Wilkins: Joined the committee half-way through the year and strolled in like a champ! Debbie personally arranged our entire Volunteer crew and they’ve never been more organized and ready!
- Kevin Shelledy, Chair: He’s really good at starting a Zoom call, so the incredible Committee can get to work! CLEARLY, our leader and peach champion, a top ten seller, the one who brought everything together to make this the most successful peach sale to date!
Please be sure to thank all these incredible volunteers for the work they did in loading your cars, tracking the purchases, guiding traffic, and all around being so pleasant and helpful! And thanks to all of you who bought a box! Can’t wait for Peach Sale 2022!
Volunteers: Sandy Adams, Debbie Beasley, Dave Benson, Sid Brooks, Raúl Chávez Fields, Alison Clark-Hardesty, David Dickmann, Mark Donovan, Past District Governor Bill Downes, Harry Ellison, Lisza Gulyas, Kris Hemenway, Jean Herman, Matt Isola, Jagdish Jaganath, Jim Johnston, Maeve Johnston, Peg Johnston, Don Kane, Frank Lawrence, Lasa Ledua, Thomas Longino, Mary-Frances Makichen, Jeff Mason, Anne McGihon, Sandy Purcell, Marilyn Renninger, Elizabeth Ritter-Seawalt, R.J. Ross, Rich Spong, Brian Sweet, Alexis Sweet, Pete Wall, Debbie Wilkins, Keat Wilkins and Mark Wipper.
Photos curtesy of Rotarian Dave Benson of Dave Benson Photography: